2009 Outstanding Alumni Award Recipient
Name: Joseph Wu 吳 武 田
Year Graduated: 1965 Chemistry
- BS in Chemistry from National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
- MS in Chemistry from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow at both Department of Biophysics and Department of Human Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
President of Immunetics, Inc.
Experiences and Business Enterprises:
- As a senior scientist at New England Nuclear Co., Boston, MA (I 974) and Instrumentation Lab., Lexington, MA (I 976).
- As a program manager at Electro-Nucleonics, Inc., Columbia, MD (1980) and Hoffman La Roche, Inc. Nutley, NJ (1985).
- Scientific Contribution:
- Paper presented at the national and international clinical chemistry conference
- A homogeneous immunoprecipitation assay for Gentamicin and Phenytoin. (1982)
- A latex Immunoassay for the detection of Barbiturates in Urine (1987)
- Abuscreen Ontrak Assay for Benzodiazepines and Abuscreen Ontrak Assay for Methamphetamine (I991)
- Paper published in Journal
- The reaction of oxygen Atom with Cyclopropane, J. Phys. Chem. 74, 1852 (1970).
- The Effect of Phenyl Substitution at the double bond of Δ3 -Cyclopentenylethyl p-Nitrobenzenesulfonate upon the rate of Acetolysis to Norbornyl Products, J. Org. Chem., 40, 1041 (1975).
- Human Erythrocyte Galactose-1 -phosphate Uridylyltransferase. Evid